Unit 2 Plant a Plant
Lesson 11 Amazing plants
1. Lisa comes from an ____________（东部的）little village.
2. Emily is a ___________（害羞的）girl. She doesn’t come out now.
3. Yunnan lies in the _____________（西南）of our country.
4. There is nothing ____________（有生命的）on the moon.
5. Hold the pole ____________（紧紧地）, or you’ll fall down.
1. any, you, heard, special, ever, plants, have, about
2. all, that, can, know, be, shy, we, people
3. laugh, tree, makes, a, what
4. it, fruit, in, hole, this, a, tree, of, the, has
5. long, can, years, live, as, plant, as, this, 1500
She couldn’t help crying _________ __________ ________ ________ her mother.
This __________ _________ _________ lives in Canada.
I ____________ _____________ ___________ in the room.
Shanghai lies ____________ _________ _________ of China.
This rope is ___________ __________ __________ that one.
1. Its flowers look like egrets.（对划线部分提问）
____________ _____________ its flowers look like?
2. The leaves opened up again.（改为否定句）
The leaves _____________ ____________ up again.
3. People call it a living fossil.（改为一般疑问句）
____________ __________ call it a living fossil?
4. They felt surprise to see us.（改为感叹句）
_____________ ____________ they felt to see us!
5. It grows in the middle of Africa.（对划线部分提问）
____________ ___________ it grow?
Last week we visited a park in Hebei. We were __3__ to find most trees had been burned. The workers told us that the trees
__4__ soon after they were planted because they weren’t watered well enough.
__5__ the workers burned them and cleared the place for __6__ trees to be planted this year. __7__ a card found in one of the dead trees, a student had written, “I hope this tree will grow up with me to
__8__ the backbone (栋梁) of our country.” The workers said that the survival of the trees was really more important than
__9__ trees were planted.
People in Beijing now have a new idea. That is for them to donate (捐款) some money and let professionals (专业人士) plant and __10__ the trees.
1. A. students and teachers B. old and young
C. boys and girls D. mother and father
2. A. smaller B. colder C. greener D. larger
3. A. pleased B. happy C. interesting D. surprised
4. A. died B. grew C. bought D. planted
5. A. Though B. When C. Because D. So
6. A. few B. old C. new D. dead
7. A. Over B. From C. On D. About
8. A. need B. hold C. plant D. be
9. A. how many B. when C. how soon D. why
10. A. take out B. take down C. take up D. take care of
1. Have you ever heard about any special plants
2. We all know that people can be shy
3. What makes a tree laugh
4. The fruit of this tree has a hole in it
5. This plant can live as long as 1500 years
when it came to 2. kind of bird 3. heard them laughing 4. in the east of 5. as long as
1. What do 2. didn’t open 3. Do people 4. How surprised 5. Where does
1—5 BCDAD 6—10 CCDAD