1._____ Blacks are going to the park. Why don’t we go for _____ walk, too?
A. A; an B. An; / C. The; a D. /; a
2. He is sad because he _____computer games on school nights.
A. doesn’t allow to play B. is not allowed to play
C. didn’t allow to play D. was not allowed to play
3. ---When did they become friends?
--- They _____friends since they met in Shanghai.
A. have made B. have become C. became D. have been
4. It’s very kind _________the old people often.
A. of the boy helping B. of the boy to help
C. for the boy to help D. for the boy helping
5. ---You have made great progress in English.
--- _____. That’s why I got an A in the English exam.
A. So I have. B. So have I . C. So I do. D. So do I.
6. ____ of the students come from America and England.
A. Three quarters B. Third-four C. Threes-fourth D. Three-fourth
7. No free plastic bag in the supermarket helps to _____ white pollution.
A. reduce B. recycle C. provide D. produce
8.You _______to the meeting this afternoon if you have something important to do.
A. needn’t to come B. don’t need come C. don’t need coming D. needn’t come
9. ---I will remember the days ___we stayed in the village forever.
---So will I, and the days ____we spend together happily.
A. when, when B. when, which C. which, when D. in which, when
10. Don’t worry. You______ plenty of time to decide.
A. will give B. have given C. will be given D. are giving
11. ---What about playing football this afternoon, Sam?
---I would rather ____at home than _____football. It’s too hot outside.
A. stay, playing B. stay, play C. to stay, to play D. to stay, playing
12.---He’s never stolen anything before, _____he?
---_______. It’s his third time to be taken to police station.
A. hasn’t, Yes B. is, Yes C. has, Yes D. has, No
13. .Last month Miss Han ______ a doctor.
A. married with B. married to C. was married with D. got married to
14. Lots of visitors come to Nanjing because it is ________ city.
A. so a beautiful B. very a beautiful C. a such beautiful D. quite a beautiful
15. –--Lots of trees and flowers ________ on both sides of the road last year.
---Oh, _______ beautiful they are!
A. were planted; how B. were planted; what
C. have been planted; how D. have been planted; what
16. --- How far is your cousin’s home from here? --- It’s about two ____ drive.
A. hour’s B. hours C hour D. hours’
17. I haven’t ____ you for a long time
A. heard of B. hear from C. hear of D. heard from
18. --- I saw Mr Smith in the office at ten yesterday morning.
--- That’s impossible. He ____ an English party with us then.
A. has B had C was having D. has had
19. I don’t know ______
A. what is wrong with him B. what the matter with him
C. what wrong is with him D. what the matter to him
20. The dictionary cost you fifty yuan , _____?
A. does it B doesn’t it C. did it D. didn’t it
Denny was a famous photographer. He traveled all over the world, taking pictures for magazines and newspapers, and won many prizes. “I’ll do anything to get a good photo,” he often said. “I’ll go anywhere at any time, even if it is 21. ” And he told the 22 . He had photos of earthquakes, forest fires, floods and even wars. If something interesting happened, Denny went to photograph it. He was a married man and his wife often asked him to take her with him, but he always 23. “I’ll travel for my work, not for 24 ,” he told her. “You won’t enjoy yourself, and I won’t have 20 to look after you. Sometimes there’s not even anywhere to 26 , and I have to sleep outside. I often don’t have a good 27 or a bath for days. You won’t like it.”“Denny, I am not a child,” his wife didn’t 28 . “I can look after myself. Please take me with you the next time you go overseas.” Denny did not say anything, but he 29 about it, and when he was asked to go to Africa he said to his wife, “You can come to Africa with me if you want to. I have got to take photos of wild 30 there. It should be interesting and not too uncomfortable.” His wife was very 31, and at first she had a very enjoyable time. Then Denny went to 32 some lions to photo. His wife went with him, but before long they became separated. She walked down one path while he walked down the other. Suddenly, Denny heard her 33 . He ran back and saw her running toward him. A huge lion was chasing her. Quickly Denny took his camera out of its case and 34 it at his wife and the lion. Then he shouted, “ 35 , woman! I can’t get you both in the picture!”
21. A. dangerous B. natural C. convenient D. close22. A. lie B. reason C. news D. truth23. A. allowed B. refused C. failed D. joked24. A. wealth B. prize C. pleasure D. luck25. A. money B. time C. interest D. dreams26. A. meet B. work C. shop D. stay27. A. meal B. picnic C. room D. party28. A. agree B. hear C. reply D. complain29. A. worried B. forgot C. asked D. thought30. A. land B. flowers C. animals D. people31. A. confused B. excited C. surprised D. disappointed32. A. find B. feed C. drive D. shoot33. A. singing B. crying C. laughing D. cheering34. A. threw B. fired C. showed D. pointed35. A. Hurry up B. Look out C. Slow down D. Go ahead
III. 阅读理解（共20分）根据短文的内容, 选择一个最佳答案,并涂在答题卡上。
“Cool” is a word with many meanings. Its old meaning is used to express a temperature that is a little bit cold. As the world has changed, the world has had many different meanings. “Cool” can be used to express feelings of interest in almost anything.
When you see a famous car in the street, maybe you will say, “It’s cool.” You may think, “He’s so cool,” when you see your favourite footballer. We all maximize (扩大) the meaning of “cool”. You can use it instead of many words such as “new” or “surprising”. Here’s an interesting story we can use to show the way the word is used. A teacher asked her students to write about the waterfall (瀑布) they had visited. On one student’s paper was just the one sentence, “It’s so cool.” Maybe he thought it was the best way to show what he saw and felt.
But the story also shows a scarcity (缺乏) of words. Without “cool”, some people have no words to show the same meaning. So it is quite important to keep some credibility (可信性). Can you think of many other words that make your life as colorful as the word “cool”? I can. And I think they are also very cool.
36. We know that the word “cool” has had ________.
A. only one meaning B. no meanings
C. many different meanings D. the same meaning
37. In the passage, the word “express” means “____________.”
A. see B. show C. know D. feel
38. If you are ________ something, you may say, “It’s cool.”
A. interested in B. angry about C. afraid of D. unhappy with
39. The writer takes an example to show he is _______ the way the word is used.
A. pleased with B. strange to C. worried about D. careful with
40. In the passage, the writer suggests （暗示）that the word “cool” ______.
A. can be used instead of many words
B. usually means something interesting
C. can make your life colorful
D. may not be as cool as it seems
A great French writer has said that we should help everyone as much as we can because we often need help ourselves. The small even can help the great. About this, he told the following story. An ant was drinking at a small river and fell in it. She tried her best to reach the side, but she couldn’t move at all. The poor ant got too tried but was still doing her best when a big bird saw her. With a pity the bird threw a piece of wood. With it the ant reached the bank again. While she was testing and drying herself in the grass, she heard a man coming up. He was walking without shoes on his feet and carrying a gun in his hand. As soon as he saw the bird, he wished to kill her, and he would certainly do so, but the ant bit him in weaker and smaller than the bird herself that had saved her life.
41. According to the French writer, we often need help from others, so we should ____. A. help others as possible as we can B. get as much help as we can C. help the people who may be useful to us D. both B and C42. An ant could not reach the bank from the river ____. A. because she did not try to B. because she was too tired C. because she didn’t cry for help D. though she tried her best43. Though the ant was too tired, she _____. A. lost hope B. stopped trying C. cried for help D. went on trying44. The sentence “we often need help ourselves” means ____. A. we often help ourselves B. we ourselves often need help C. we often need ourselves help D. we have duty to help others45. The writer tells the story in order show ____. A. how the bird saved an ant B. how an ant saved a bird C. how clever the ant is D. that even the small can help the greatPassage 3
The world is not only hungry, but it is also thirsty for water. This may seem strange to you, since nearly 70% of the earth's surface is covered with water. But about 97% of that is sea water, or salt water. Man can only drink and use the other 3%——the fresh water from rivers, lakes, underground, and other sources. And we can not even use all of that. Even worse, some of it has been made dirty.
However, as things stand today, this fresh water is still enough for us. But our need for water is becoming larger and larger quickly—almost day by day. We should take steps to do with this problem now and in this way we can get away from a serious world wide water shortage (缺少) later on.
We all have to learn how to stop wasting our valuable water. One of the first steps is to develop ways of reusing it. Today in most large cities, water is used only once and then sent out into a sewer system(下水道). From there it returns to sea or runs into underground places.
But even if every large city reused its water, we still would not have enough. All we'd have to do to make use of sea water in the world is to remove the salt. If we take these steps we'll be in no danger of drying up.
46.The world is thirsty for water because .
A. man hasn't got enough food to eat
B. we haven't got enough fresh water
C. only 70% of the earth's surface is water
D. more water is sent into sewer systems
47.The underlined word valuable means .
A. much and saltyB. fresh and enoughC. dear and usefulD. clean and helpful
48.What should we do if we want to have enough fresh water?
(a) Make full use of the sea water.
(b) Carry salt water into lakes or rivers.
(c) Try to save the fresh water as much as possible.
(d) Do our best to use the water again.
(e) Drink and use all the water on the earth's surface.
A. (c) and (e)B. (a) and (d) C. (a),(c) and (d) D. (b), (d) and (e)
49.The best but the most difficult way to solve (解决) the water problem of the
world is to .
A. remove the salt from sea water B. make the water in cities clean
C. take water from underground D. make the need for water smaller
. What's the best title for this passage?
A. The Importance of the Water B. The World's Water Problem
C. The Thirsty World D. Fresh Water and Sea Water
Our sun is a star, and nine worlds (天体) move round it. Worlds like these are planets. But there are other stars, other suns, not only thousands of them, but millions of them. Do different stars have planets? We can see the planets round our own sun. but we haven’t been anymore. The stars are too far away from us. Stars give out light, but the planets don’t have any light of their own. So we can’t see them. They are too far, and too dark. Still, we can tell that some stars have planets. While a big planet goes round, it pulls its star to one side. And sometimes we can see this. Then we know that the star has a planet. For example, Barnard’s Star is a small red star. And it is the quickest star in the universe. But sometimes it moves slower, and then quicker again. We have known Bernard’s Star for many years, and now we are sure it has a planet.
51. A star is a large body in the universe. It _________.
A. moves round our sun B. has light of its own
C. can also be called a sun D. both B and C
52. Which of the following is not true?
A. The earth is one of the sun’s world’s B. There are millions of suns in the universe
C. The worlds are very bright D. some stars have planets
53. We can see the planets round our sun. But we can’t see ________.
A. nine worlds in the universe B. the planets round other stars
C. the satellites round the earth D. other stars
54. Barnard’s Star moves more quickly than ________.
A. most stars B. any other star C. its planet D. the planets round the sun
55. How can people know that there is a planet round Barnard’s Star?
A. Sometimes they see that the planet pulls the star to one side and makes it move slower.
B. The planet is shining
C. The planet is next to our earth.
D. The planet is a red one.
第II卷 Ⅰ. 补全对话从所给的句子中选择恰当的句子完成下面对话（有两项是多余的）（5分）Li Ming: Hello!
WuYong: Hello! This is Wu Yong. May I speak to Li Ming, please?
Li Ming: ___56______.
Wu Yong: Hi, Li Ming. How are you?
Li Ming: Fine, thanks. And you?
Wu Yong: I'm fine. Thank you. Li Ming, I need some help. ___57_____
Li Ming: Sure. _58__
Wu Yong: There is something wrong with my computer. ___59____
Li Ming: Certainly. But not today.
Wu Yong: ___60____
Li Ming: OK. See you then.
Wu Yong: See you.
A. I'd love to. B. Can you mend it for me?
C. This is Li Ming speaking. D. Sorry. He is not in.
E. Can you give me a hand? F. But I'm not good at mending things.
G. How about Sunday afternoon. (B)在下面的空白处填入适当的话语（话语可以是句子、短语或词）（分）A: Hi, Bob! How was your last weekend? B: 61. I really had a good time.
A: 62. B: I played basketball.
B: Twice a week. I like it very much. How did you spend your last weekend?
A:64. B: Sounds interesting. Do you often go to the mountains?
A: Yes. Once a week. 65.
B: I’d love to. But I’m afraid I can’t go with you this weekend. Maybe next week is OK.
66他在遭受心脏病的折磨He was _____ ________ heart trouble
67.他和以前不一样了. He isn’t what he ____ ____ be.
68.考试的时候越认真犯错就越少。 The ____ you are, the ____ mistakes you will make.
69.多亏你的帮助，我才按时完成了工作。______ ____ your help , I finished my work on time.
.Have you ever complained why life is so tiring? Does the sky sometimes seem dark
to you? Are your studies sometimes not successful? Well, friends, cheer up and smile all the time. If you see the world with your warm heart, you’ll find that whole world smiles to you.
74.While in school, sometimes you are tired of your lessons, but have you ever noticed the happy smile on your teacher’s face when you did a good job?
One day it is fine. Just before you want to go out, it suddenly starts to rain. Maybe you would feel very sad and start complaining about the weather.75. But dear friends, why don’t you sit down and listen to the free concert that the nature offers you? And with the timely(及时的) rain, crops in the fields will grow better and better and farmers will have a good harvest.
VI. 选择适当的词并用正确形式完成短文，每词限用一次。（每空1分，共10分）open, story, gift, hear, sing , invite, wonderful, rich, at once, wake up You may know the song Happy Birthday very well. But do you know who 76 it first? It was written by a poor American girl. And now she has become a very 77 woman.
When she was a child, once she 78 to her friend’s birthday party. She was pleased but also sad because she didn’t have enough money to buy a gift for him. Later that night she was in bed, worrying about the gift when the door 79 and in came her grandma. “What happened?” her grandma asked. Hearing the girl’s 80 , she said, “Don’t worry. I think I can help you. How about singing a song? Happy birthday to …” What a beautiful song! She sang and sang. Suddenly she 81 . It was a dream! She decided to write it down 82 and sing it to her friend at the party.
When she sang the song at the party the next day, her friend was very happy . “How 83 you sing! It is the most beautiful song that I have ever 84 before! Thank you for giving me the special 85 !” he said. And they learned to sing it together. Later the girl became well-known in America.
IV．阅读根据内容。（共0分每小题2分）阅读短文，根据其内容回答问题Courage (勇气) is the ability to be brave in various situation in our life. Here and there, now and then, everyone needs courage to do something well. Courage may make you confident of your success. If you have courage, you will not show fear in face of anything difficult or dangerous. With courage, you mak look someone in the eye who you have wronged and say “I am sorry”: you may still smile even if you are seriously ill and know you are at the end of your life.
How can we build up our courage?
Believe you will be successful. Take chances and know that you have your own talents. Besides, your family and friends are always there for you.
Exercise your courage. It can be compared to a muscle (肌肉). The more we use it, the stronger courage gets.
Know that giving up is not a choice. It’s much easier to give up, and it takes courage to say or do what you think is right, even when other people think you are wrong.
Fight to control your fear. Courageous people may still be afraid, but the difference is that they can control their fear.
They don’t let it hold them back but use it as a reminder of what they can lose if they don’t go on.
Get courage by reading inspiring stories of brave people. Abraham Lincoln is one of the people who you may think of.
86. What is courage?_______________________________________.
87. What will you do in face of difficulty or danger if you don’t have courage?____________.
88. How can courage become stronger?___________________________ .
89. What is the difference between courageous people and others?___________________ .
90. What will you do if you have courage in your study?(请结合自身实际，自拟一句话作答)
阅读短文，.然后根据要求完成表格。 Many of us have ever loved the two toy bears—a brown Teddy bear and a yellow Winnie-the-Pooh bear. The two toy bears come from real stories in life.
In 1902, Theodore Roosevelt, President of the USA, went on hunting. The hunting dogs found an old bear in the forest near Washington D.C. and the guide asked the president to shoot (射杀) it. But President Roosevelt disagreed. A cartoonist (漫画家) drew a cartoon showing that the president refused to shoot the beat. Soon, the bear began to appear in other newspapers. People named the bear Teddy which was Theodore’s nickname (昵称).
In 1913, a captain named Harry Cole bourn paid 20 dollars for a black bear which was born in the Canadian country side. The captain’s hometown, Winnipeg, was the origin (起源) of the bear’s name. In Winnipeg, Winnie served as the mascot (吉祥物). When Would War I began, the captain went to France. Winnie was sent to London Zoo which many kids often visited. Because of its lovely look, the bear became popular with children.
The Stories about the Two Real __91__ Name Teddy Winnie-the-pooh Appearing Time 11 years _92__ than Winnie In 1913 Birth Place America __93__ Origin of the Name Teddy, the nickname of
President Theodore Roosevelt Winnipeg, the __94_ of Captain Harry Cole bourn Reason for Being Popular A cartoon showing that the president didn’t __95_ with the idea of shooting the bear The lovely look attracting the attention of children who often went to London Zoo Passage3
In Thailand, people don’t eat with chopsticks, like in China, Japan, and Korea. They use spoons and forks. 96 ___ . Most food is already cut. If you need to cut things, use the side of your spoon first and then use your fork. 97___ . If you are right-handed, keep the spoon in your right hand and the fork in your left hand.
98. ____ . The rice is not on the same plate with the other food. It is not necessary to finish all your rice or all your food. It is good to leave a little on your plate. If you eat any thing, it means you want more.
99. ____ . The host(主人) will ask you two or three times if you want more food. It is the same with whatever you are drinking. During the meal, never empty your cup or glass. When it is less than half full, your host or neighbor will fill it again. 100.____ . Always refill(再加满) your neighbor’s glass. This means that you must keep an eye on your neighbor’s glass all through the meal.
A. They never use knives.
B. Never fill your own glass.
C. People always offer you more food.
D. The spoon is more important than the fork.
E. People usually have rice in a different bowl. 96-100 A DECB
假设你是Mary，是九年级一班的一名交换生。月日下午把一部黑色的iPad3、一本汉英词典 (上有名字) 以及三把钥匙落在了操场上，请用英语写一则寻物启事，贴在教学楼
提示词：Class 1, Grade 9
②Chinese-English dictionary Lost
下列词语仅供参考 （don’t take , recycle books and paper, turn off , take your own bags,
don’t use plastic bags ，cut down , take care of ) How to save environment
Ⅰ.单项选择1—5 C B D B A 6—10 A AD B C 11—15 B C D DA16-20 DDCAD
Ⅱ. 完形填空— 25 ADBCB 25—30 DAADC 31—35 BABDC
III. 阅读理解---40CBACD 41---45 ABDBD 46---50 BCCAB51--55 BCBBA
Ⅰ. （A) --60CEABG
(B) 6.1 It was great./ Great./ Very good. / Pretty good. 62. What did you do (last weekend)?
63. How often do you play it (basketball)? / How many times a week do you play it?
64. I went to the mountains. / I went to climb the mountains./ I went climbing
65 Would you like (love-) to go with me (us)?/ can you go with me (us)?
Ⅱ. 66.suffering from 67. used to 68. careful/fewer 69. Thanks to
70. How many English words have you studied / learned so far ?
71. His mother often encourages him to work hard.
72. Anybody isn’t allowed to drive after drinking.
III. .sang 77. rich78 was invited 79opened 80. Story 81.woke up 82.at once 83.wonderfully 84..heard 85.gift
VI.86. It (Courage) is the ability to be brave in various situation in our life. 87. I (We) will show fear.88. The more you use it, the stronger it (courage) gets (becomes)./By using it more./It can be exercised89. (They may still be afraid, but) they can control their fear.
90. I won’t lose heart (give up my heart) when I went difficulty in my study./I will try my best to reach my goal (know work better.) 91 Bears 92 earlier 93Canada 94 hometown 95 agree
96-100 A DECB