A B C D E
________ 2. ________ 3. _________ 4. __________ 5. __________
6. A. Because I was lucky. B. Because I finished it on time.
C. Because I left it at home.
7. A. I lost my keys. B. I woke up at 7:00. C. It happened in class.
8. A. I don’t believe it. B. Congratulations. C. Have a great time.
9. A. I like swimming. B. I speak English very well.
C. I’m going to join the school band.
10. A. No problem. B. No thanks. C. I’m sorry about it.
11. What happened to Sarah?
A. Her car hit a man. B. A car hit her. C. Her car hit a man’s car.
12. Who broke the traffic rules?
A. Sarah. B. The driver. C. The man.
13. What does Peter usually do on Earth Day?
A. Doing some cleaning. B. Picking up rubbish. C. Planting trees.
14. How will they go to the beach to pick up rubbish?
A. By bus. B. By bike. C. On foot.
15. Where will they meet each other?
A. In the park. B. On the beach. C. At the school gate.
16. The writer probably write to ________.
A. his friend B. his teacher C. his father
17. The writer has been at the school for _______ years.
A. two B. three C. four
18. The writer spent a lot of time ________ when he was in Grade Eight.
A. playing basketball B. studying hard C. playing computer games
19. Mr. Chen always said “_______” when the writer did something wrong.
A. Sorry B. Best wishes C. It doesn’t matter
20. The writer was so ________ that he didn’t understand Mr. Chen.
A. young and foolish B. angry C. happy
A) 单词辨音 找出画线部分与其他单词发音不同的选项。（5分）
21. A. lady B. plastic C. manager
22. A. bottle B. above C. officer
23. A. work B. afford C. airport
24. A. harmful B. market C. war
25. A. degree B. fridge C. dialog
26. Trees turn green and flowers come out in _______ spring.
A. the B. a C. /
27. There are many lights _______ the top of our classroom.
A. to B. in C. at
28. We know that a person who is _______ does not tell lies or cheat people.
A. caring B. honest C. stupid
29. Amy takes exercise every day. That’s why she is healthy and full of _______.
A. memory B. energy C. silence
30. — Could you please take out the rubbish, Tony?
— ________. I have to practice playing the guitar.
A. Yes, sure B. No, I couldn’t C. Sorry, I can’t
31. This is our _______ school year, we are going to graduate in two months.
A. third B. three C. the third
32. ---- Do you think it will rain tomorrow?
----__________. I hate rainy days, it’s wet and cold.
A. I hope not B. That’s OK C. It doesn’t matter
33. A car hit Tom yesterday afternoon. Luckily, he wasn’t hurt _______ .
A. easily B. badly C. suddenly
34. The math problem was too difficult for me, ________ I asked Mary to help me.
A. but B. or C. so
35. In order to save energy, please ________ the TV when you leave the room.
A. throw away B. turn off C. show up
36. — May Day _______ in a week. Many students plan to go home.
A. comes B. has come C. is coming
37. _______ good news! We’ll have a school trip around Qionghai next Sunday.
A. What a B. What C. How
38. Don’t be too nervous, let’s stop ________ a coffee and rest.
A. to have B. have C. having
39. Many people think more trees _________ around our city every year.
A. should be planted B. should plant C. plant
40. Our teacher wants to know _______ this morning.
A. why were you late B. why you were late C. why did you arrive late
Bing Xin, one of the most popular and famous writers of the 20th century Chinese literature(文学 She was born __41__ 1900 in Fujian Province. She __42__ the Chinese classical books and began writing traditional Chinese __43__ when she was only a child. Her first piece of writing __44__ in 1919.
Bing Xin’s works were many. She wrote novels, poems and so on, __45__ the most famous works were her works for children. She loved children so much and wrote many __46__ poems for them. We found that her best works Letters to Younger Readers can’t be forgotten __47__.
Bing Xin was an important person in the early history of woman literature in China, too. Many of her works were about __48__ problem. She believed mother’s love is the greatest love in the world. She thought mothers __49__ an important role in our __50__ and society.
The great woman died at the age of 99, leaving her works lighting our hearts.
41. A. on B. in C. at
42. A. studied B. worked C. found
43. A. movies B. songs C. stories
44. A. came out B. came true C. came over
45. A. so B. or C. but
46. A. serious and boring B. gentle and wise C. meaningless and scary
47. A. early B. slowly C. easily
48. A. children’s B. men’s C. women’s
49. A. played B. took C. brought
50. A. country B. family C. school
We are very pleased to welcome President William Taylor and Manager James Rogers to Beijing and Shanghai in May for about a week. We offer the following itinerary(行程表 for your consideration.
Monday, May 18
4:00 pm Arrive in Beijing and be met at the airport by President of Asia Trading Co.
4:15 pm Leave for Great Wall Hotel
7:30 pm Dinner Tuesday, May 19
9:30 am Discussion at Asia Trading Co. Building
2:00 pm ~ 7:00 pm Group discussion
8:00 pm Cocktail party Wednesday, May 20
9:00 am Discussion 12:00 noon Sign the Letter of Intent
1:30 pm Beijing Duck Dinner 3:30 pm Visit the Summer Palace
6:00 pm Take a plane for Shanghai 51. William Taylor and Manager James Rogers will arrive in Beijing on _____.
A. Sunday B. Monday C. Tuesday
52. They will _____ at 9:30 am on May 19.
A. have a discussion B. have a party C. have a visit
53. Their group discussion will last _______ hours.
A. 4 B. 5 C. 6
54. They will go to Shanghai by ______ on Wednesday.
A. car B. train C. air
55. The letter is mainly about _______.
A. a plan of a journey B. a business meeting
C. an important discussion
Over the years gardening has become a pleasant entertainment. For many people in the world, young and old, gardening is something they love. They enjoy making a perfect garden as well as getting their hands dirty while doing it. So why has it become millions of people’s favorite thing to do?
For many of us gardening is a good way to relax. Planting new flowers and vegetables along with many other gardening things allows you to keep active. It gives a pleasant garden for your home, so that you and others can enjoy your work together.
A well-kept garden can bring joy to your life. It’s a good place to spend sunny afternoons. With a cup of tea in one hand you can enjoy the relaxing sound of garden water nearby. How wonderful it is! As the sun slowly sets in the sky, you can enjoy the sunlight. What are you feeling? It’s so perfect!
It is true that gardening can take time and you need to work all year round. However, putting time into it as a hobby will give you unusual results, and this is why many people enjoy gardening.
56. This passage mainly tells us ______.
A. a well-kept garden can bring joy and sadness to your life
B. gardening can take up time and you need to work all year round
C. why many people like gardening so much
57. What is a good way to relax for many of us according to the passage?
A. Walking. B. Planting. C. Gardening
58. Where is a great place to spend sunny afternoons according to the passage?
A. Garden. B. Park. C. Home.
59. What can you enjoy when the sun slowly sets in the sky?
A. Flowers. B. Sunlight. C. Your work.
60. The best title for this passage might be “________”.
A. Enjoy Your Hobby B. Gardening, My Favorite
C. What Is Gardening?
For most people, the word “fashion” means “clothes”. But people may ask the question, “What clothes are in fashion?” And they use the word “fashionable” in the same way: “She was wearing a fashionable coat. His shirt was really a fashionable colour.”
But of course there are fashions in many things, not only in clothes. There are fashions in holidays, in restaurants, in films and books. There are even fashions in school subjects, jobs… and in languages.
Fashions change as time goes. If you look at pictures of people or things from the past, you will see that fashions have always changed. An English house of 1750 was different from one of 1650. A fashionable man in 1780 looked very different from his grandson in 1860.
Today fashions change quickly. Some of this is natural. We hear about things much more quickly than in the past. Newspapers, radios, telephones and televisions send information from one country to another in a few hours.
New fashions mean that people will buy new things, so you see there is money in fashion.
61. Most people think that “fashion” means ________.
A. books B. clothes C. holidays
62. By _______ we can see that fashions change as time goes.
A. wearing a fashionable coat B. eating in a new restaurant
C. looking at pictures of people
63. In the 4th paragraph the writer mentions _______ kinds of ways to send information.
A. three B. four C. five
64. “There is money in fashion.” means ______.
A. people like fashion and money
B. fashionable things are expensive
C. one can make money through fashion
65. The passage is mainly about _____.
A. the changes of fashion B. the kinds of fashions C. the money in fashion
A: Hi, Steve. I called you yesterday afternoon, but nobody answered.
A: At 4 o’clock.
B: Well, I was shopping at Baihui Supermarket.
A: Oh. By the way, _____67_____
B: With my sister.
A: Well, tomorrow we will go to plant trees in the city park. ____68____
B: Yes, I’d like to. It’s everyone’s duty to protect the environment. ____69____
A: Let’s go there by bike. Riding is a good way to protect the environment.
A: Let’s meet at 8:00 am, at the school gate.
B: OK. See you tomorrow.
A: See you.
A. When and where shall we meet?
B. Would you like to join us?
C. What time did you call me?
D. who did you go shopping with?
E. where shall we go?
F. What shall we do?
G. How shall we go there?
In many British schools, the pupils usually wear their school uniforms to school on weekdays. However, recently the students at LVS Ascot Junior School in England wore something quite different. What they wore was what people wear when they go to bed---pajamas(睡衣). They did this not only for fun, but for a local charity called Christopher’s Smile.
Christopher’s Smile was set up in 2008 by Karen and Kevin Capel whose only son Christopher died of cancer at a young age. Christopher’s Smile aims to raise money to fund development of new drugs to treat childhood cancers. Since then, the charity has raised a lot of money and gotten more and more volunteers.
The students of Grade 6 at LVS Ascot Junior School organized the event Pajama Day to support Christopher’s Smile. “We wanted to raise money for our charity in a way that the whole school could join in it, so each pupil paid 1 pound to wear his or her pajama to school on Pajama Day.” said a young organizer.
Both the students and their teachers took part in the event with great interest. Together they not only raised some money, but also had a good time.
71. Why did the students at LVS Ascot Junior School wear pajamas to school?
72. Who set up the charity called Christopher’s Smile? (根据短文内容回答问题
73. Did the students of Grade 6 support Christopher’s smile? (根据短文内容回答问题
The whole school joined in Pajama Day.
75. In this passage, the underlined word “they” refers to ________.X. 词汇（共10小题，每小题1分，满分10分）
appear we harm gentleman work 76. The boy is going to be an office _______ when he grows up.
77. Air pollution and water pollution are quite _______ to people’s health.
78. Ladies and ________! May I have your attention, please?
79. It was bad luck. My keys ______, so I couldn’t get into the room last night.
80. Their house looks a little small, but ______ is much bigger.
81. Here is some boiled water. Have a drink whenever you are t______.
82. We have to c______ the sports meeting because of the heavy rain.
83. The governments should develop l______ to stop people from killing sharks.
84. What an ______(丑陋的) picture! The park was badly polluted.
85. A recent _____ (调查) showed 75% people like playing cell phones in their free time.
shared bikes advantages: save energy, air pollution disadvantages: park in wrong places, bike accidents suggestions: follow the traffic rules, care for bikes, don’t bring home
Recently shared bikes can be seen everywhere on the street in Qionghai. Many people use them for work, for sport or just for fun. I think …
What’s your opinion about shared bikes? Will you choose one as your everyday vehicle?
I. 1~5 CAEBD
II. 6~10 CABCA
III. 11~15 BAABC
IV. 16~20 BBACA
ABACB 26~30 CCBBC 31~35 AABCB 36~40 CBAAB
VI. 41~45 BACAC 46~50 BCCAB
VII. 51~55 BABCA 56~60 CCABB 61~65 BCBCA
VIII. 66~70 CDBGA
IX. 71. They did this not only for fun, but for a local charity to raise money.
72. Karen and Kevin Capel.
73. Yes. / Yes, they did.
74. took part in
75. both the students and their teachers
X. A) 76. worker 77. harmful 78. gentlemen 79. disappeared 80. ours
B) 81. thirsty 82. cancel 83. laws 84. ugly 85. survey
XI. One possible version
Recently shared bikes can be seen everywhere on the street in Qionghai. Many people use them for work, for sport or just for fun. I think it’s a good idea. As we know cycling can help us save energy and it can greatly reduce air pollution. What’s more, it costs little to use them. However, some people park bikes in wrong places after they use them. Sometimes it’s hard to find a bike on the street. And bicycle accidents do happen once in a while, so we must be careful when riding. Never ride too fast and always follow the traffic rules. At the same time, everyone is supposed to care for the bikes. Don’t bring it home or keep it your own. What’s your opinion about shared bikes? Will you choose one as your everyday vehicle?