Chapter 5《Success stories》同步练习2（深圳牛津八年级下）
Chapter 5 Success stories
1. My mother ______ While I _____ TV at that time.
A.. was cooking, watched B. cooked, was watching
C. was cooking, was watching D. cooked, watched
2. ______ you _______ this time yesterday?
A. Did, study B. Were, studying C. Were, D. Did, studying
3. He _______ his homework at seven yesterday evening.
A. did B. does C. was doing D. had done
4. What were you doing when the teacher _______ ?
A. was coming in B. came in C. had come in D. comes in
5 Some students were playing football ________ others were running on the playground.
A. as B. while C. when D. since
6 - How old was Langlang ? - He was born __________ May 1st,1982.
A. in B. at C. on D. for
7. We must be strict _______ourselves ______our work .
A. with, in B. in , with C. with, with D. in, in
8. Lang Lang is one of ________and most famous pianists ___ our time.
A. youngest; of B. the youngest; of C. younger; at D. younger; in
9. When it ______ to rain yesterday, I _____ an exciting story.
A. started, was reading B. was starting, was reading
C. was starting, read D. started, read
10. He spent much time _____ English.
A. learning B. learns C. to learn D. to learning
11. At the age of 17,he got his big chance to play _______that pianist.
A. in place B. in place to C. instead D. in place of
12. – What _______ you ________at 7:oo yesterday ? – I ___________some food .
A. did, do ,make B. are, doing, ade
C. were , doing, was making D. were , doing, make
13. It was a great _______.
A. successful B. succeed C. success D. successfully
14. He didn’t go to school ________illness yesterday .
A. because of B. because C. why D. so
15.-- Mum, the exam is coming . I’m afraid … --________. I’m sure you can pass it .
A. Don’t worry B. Not to worry . C. Don’t worried D. Not worry
1.He began his piano at the age of three.
2. He spent six years learning English.
3. Mr. Charter gave us a lesson in place of Ms Even yesterday.
4. Lang Lang’s success came at a price.
5 .He always expresses his gratitude to his parents.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
C B C B B C A B A A
11 12 13 14 15
D C D A A
1. He began his piano when he was three.
2.It took him six years to learn English.
3. Mr. Charter gave us a lesson instead of Ms Even yesterday..
4.Lang Lang became successful after much hard work.
5. He always expresses his thanks to his parents.