Module 1 The natural elements
Unit 3 Sea water and rain water
Ⅰ. 词汇A）汉译英。B）用括号中所给词的适当形式填空。1.We can use water for ______ (clean) our classroom..
2.Tigers are a kind of _______(danger) animals.
3.We must keep oceans ______ ( clean ).
4.We must stop ______ (pollute) the air.
5.Plants and the animals will _____(dead) if there’s no rain.
6.People have found some ways to get _______ (drink)water from sea water.
7. We should take some _____(act) to protect wild animals.
8. If you keep (work) on the problem, you (solve) it soon.
9. If Tom (come) to Nanjing, I (show) him around my hometown.
10. If he (study) harder, he will do better.
If there is no rain, we will have no water to _____. If there is no rain, we will have no water to _____ our teeth or to take a _____. If there is no rain, we will have no water to wash our _____or to wash the ______.
Farmers ______water _______water the crops and vegetables ____ their farms. If there is no rain, the crops and vegetables will _____. We will not have any food to_____. If there is no rain, cooks in ________ will have no water to cook food. If there is no rain, firemen will not have any water to ______ ________ fires.
Ⅲ.单项选择1. Only a quarter of the Earth is _________.
A. oceans B. land C. forests D. seas
2. _______ are the largest animals on the Earth.
A. Dolphins B. Elephants C. Whales D. Sharks
3. Dolphins are one of the most ________ animals in the world
A. largest B. intelligent C. dangerous D. beautiful
4. ________ are one of the most dangerous animals
A. Monkeys B. Dolphins C. Sharks D. Whales
5. WE can see starfish and ______ in the oceans.
A. stars B. horses C. sea horses D. dogs
6. Water is very important ______ living things.
A. to B. on C. for D. at
7. Of course we use the fire extinguisher ____out the fire.
A. for putting B. putting C. for put D. to putting
8. Water covers almost _________of the earth.
A. two-third B. two-three C. three quarter D. three quarters
9.We should fix ______taps to save water.
A. drip B. driping C. dripping D. dripped
10.We can save water _______our teeth under a running tap.
A. by not brushing B.by brushing
C.with not brushing D.without brushing
Ⅳ.句型转换Beijing is _______ ______ ______ ______ in North China.
2. Whales are larger than any other animal on the Earth. （保持原句意思）
Whales are _____ _____ animals on the Earth.
3.A quarter of the earth is land. （对划线部分提问）
_______ _______ of the earth is land?
4．There are forty books on the shelf. Thirty of them are new. The others are old.
_______ ________ of the books on the shelf are new. （保持原句意思）
_______ ________ of the books on the shelf are old.
5. Xi Wang weighed about 10 kilograms at four months. (对划线部分提问)
______ ______ ______Xiwang _______at four months?
(1)______ my house, but I don’t know when they came here.
They work hard all day cleaning their house and (2)______ food outside. There is not a lazy one in their family. They are (3)______ to each other and help each other. I like them very much and often go to see them.
One day I went to see the ants just before a heavy rain. They were busy (4)______ earth in their mouths to stop up the door of their house. Just then the rain came down. I ran back into the house. I thought, “The ants will be (5)______. How heavy (6)______!”
After the rain (7)______. I went out to see the ants. The (8)______ at the door kept the rain out. They were busy carrying it away.
It was late, the people all went home. I thought that the ants must (9)______. I went to see them again with the help of the lamp. They were still working (10)______. What good, hard-working neighbors they are!
1. A. close B. closely C. far from D. close to
2. A. looking for B. look for C. look after D. looking after
3. A. friend B. friendly C. friends D. likely
4. A. carry B. to carry C. carrying D. carried
5. A. in dangerous B. in danger C. in the danger D. out of danger
6. A. is the rain B. the rain C. the rains D. the rain is
7. A. started B. stopped C. continued D. went on
8. A. food B. earth C. ant D. rain
9. A. tired B. are tired C. be tired D. be tiring
10. A. quietly B. quiet C. careful D. tired
It was getting late. There was no noise in the forest. We could only hear the birds singing. And then, a bear—a big brown bear—came into the forest. The bear stopped under a tall tree. He was very hungry. He looked up into the tree. There in the nut tree was his supper—a supper of nice nuts. But the nuts were high up in the tree. The hungry bear could not reach them. But he knew how to get his supper. He climbed up the tree.
Up and up he climbed. He climbed onto a big branch of the tree. He sat there and then shook(摇) the branch again and again. At last the branch broke. The brown bear fell down with the branch and nuts.
The bear sat up and looked around. With his big paws he picked up the nuts and ate them up.
1. How did the brown bear get his supper?
A. He climbed up the tree and ate the nuts there.
B. He shook the nuts off a tree and ate them.
C. He picked up the nuts on the ground and ate them.
D. He fell down with the branch of the tree. Then he took the nuts and ate them.
2. The story took place .
A. in the morning B. at noon C. before evening came D. at midnight
3. The word “branch” in this passage means in Chinese.
A. 树干 B. 树叶 C. 树枝 D. 树桩
4. Where did the bear eat the nuts?
A. in a forest. B. outside the forest.
C. near a forest. D. in front of the forest.
5. From this passage we can see the bear was .
A. small but heavy B. big but light
C. big and heavy D. small and light
Today people can use the phone to talk with others almost anywhere on the earth. But when you use the phone, you don’t see the person you are talking with. This may change in the near future.
Today some people are using a kind of telephone called the picture phone or vision phone. With it, two people who are talking can see each other.
Picture phones can be useful when you have something to show to the person you’re calling. They may have other uses in the future. One day you may be able to ring up a library and ask to see a book. Then you’ll be able to read the book right over your picture phone. Or you may be able to go shopping through your picture phone. If you see something in the newspaper that you think you want to buy, you’ll go to your phone and call the shop. People at the shop will show you the thing you’re interested in right over the phone. You’ll be able to shop all over town and never even leave your room!
1. Today people can use the phone to talk with others ______.
A. in all the towns B. in some places in the world
C. only in big cities D. almost anywhere on the earth
2. The underlined word “it” in the passage means ______.
A. the picture phone B. any phone
C. the use D. the change
3. We can ______ through the picture phone according to (根据) the text.
A. write a book B. do shopping
C. play games D. have classes
4. Picture phones can be used for ______.
A. ringing up a library to see a book
B. going shopping without leaving our homes
C. showing the person we’re talking with something
D. All of the above.
5. The title of the article can be “______”.
A. The telephones B. Picture phones
C. Shopping on the phone D. Talking on the phone
John is an artist who does not have much money, but a very kind man. One day on his way home, he gave his last coins to a beggar(乞丐), when he saw another one, he forgot that he did not have any money. He asked the man to have lunch with him, and the beggar accepted, so they went into a small restaurant and had a good meal.
After the meal, John found he had no money at all. The beggar had to pay for the bill. The artist was very sorry about this, so he said to the beggar, “Come home with me in a taxi, my friend, and I’ll give you the money for lunch.”
“Oh, no!” the beggar answered quickly. “I had to pay for your lunch, but I’m not going to pay for you again!”
1. The artist in this story was__________.
A. a man of wealth B. a rich man C. a kind man D. a cheat
2. On his way home, John forgot__________.
A. to bring money with him B. to buy the ticket
C. he had give all his money to a beggar D. to have lunch
3. After the meal, __________ paid the bill.
A. the artist B. the beggar C. another man D. no one
4. The artist invited the beggar to take a taxi home with him so that_________.
A. the beggar could pay for the taxi home
B. he could pay the money in return for the meal he had had
C. he could make friends with the beggar
D. they could trust each other
5. At the end of the story, what the beggar said showed that he .
A. did distrust the artist
B. was thankful to the artist
C. regretted having lunch with John
D. would make friends with the artist
1. How much do you know about the oceans? / How much do you know about water?
2. say sth. about the importance of water.
3. What will happen if there is no water?
4. What do people use water to do?
5. How can we save water?
Ⅴ1-5 DABCB 6-10 DBBCA
Ⅵ. A) 1-5 DCCAC
B) 1-5 DABDB
C) 1-5 CCBBC