2017年秋八年级英语上册（新版）冀教版学案： Unit 7 Enjoy Your Hobby Lesson 38 Hobbies Are Fun
Lesson 38: Hobbies Are Fun!
学 习 目 标 知识与能力：Key words and phrases:
confidence n. 自信 postcard n. 明信片outdoor adj. 户外的，露天的
not only …but also… take up
buy … for… put … on … 过程与方法：speaking writing reading and practicing 情感态度和价值观：To understand the passage about hobbies 重点：To learn to express different hobbies with some key words and useful expressions 难点：To understand the passage about hobbies 学法指导及使用说明：自主学习, 小组讨论, 合作探究 重点句子探究
1. A hobby is not only fun but also useful.
2. People usually take up their first hobby when they are kids.
3. It’s never too late to learn something.
Working on important sentences.重点句子探究
1. not only… but also…
He plays not only the piano but also the violin.
Not only the teacher but also the students were against the plan.
2.take up 开始感兴趣
Eg: 1). At the age of sixty he took up the study of Russian.
2). When did Joan first take up music?
3).He left the job in the city to take up farming.
The table takes up too much room.
3. confidence n. 自信
He is always full of confidence in everything.
1. More and more people enjoy (watch) movies in big theatres.
2. Not only he but also I (be) interested in English.
3. The parents thought of (keep) a pet for their son.
4. I often help my mother (do) the housework.
5. My father taught me (be) a good person when I was young.
1. What do you think _________my idea?
A. over B. at C. off D. of
2. Thanks for your invitation, but I’m so sorry I can’t go. I need to _____ my baby at home.
A. take away B. take off C. take care of D. take out of
3.----What’s on TV tonight? Is there ________ ?
----I’m afraid not.
A. interesting something B. interesting anything
C. something interesting D. anything interesting
4. He is too young _______ to school.
A. to go B. go C. goes D. going
5. Neither he nor I ____ interested in watching movies. We both like reading.
A. are B. is C. am D. be
6. We’re sure to _______ at the party this evening.
A. have some jokes B. enjoy ourselves
C. help ourselves D. have some trouble
Once three men got to the Dover Station at about nine o’clock that evening. One of them asked a porter （搬运工）what time the next train for London was. The porter answered, “You have just missed one. They go hourly. The next train is at ten.” The three men decided to go off the station. So they went to a bar.
A minute or two after ten o’clock they came running into the station. The porter told them the train had just gone. So they went back to the bar. They missed the eleven o’clock train in the same way. The porter said, “Now the next train is the last one. If you miss that, you won’t get to London tonight.”
Twelve o’clock came, and the last train was starting out when all of the three men ran to catch the train as fast as they could. Two of them got into a carriage （车厢）,but the third of them didn’t run fast enough. The train went out and left him behind. He laughed until tears（眼泪）came out of his eyes. Then he caught hold of the porter’s hands and said, “Well, I myself have to go to London, and they only come to see me off（为……送行）.”
1. At Dover Station, the train went to London ________ .
A. at about nine o’clock every morning B. only once a day
C. every hour D. in a minute or two after ten o’clock
2. The three men didn’t catch up with nine o’clock train. So they decided to go off the station and to ______ .
A. get the tickets B. have a drink
C. take a walk in the street. D. make a phone call in the bar
3. The last train didn’t start out until it was ______.
A. the next day B. time for sleep
C. a minute or two after 1 o’clock D.12 o’clock
4. ______ missed the last train for London.
A. The third man of the three B. The friends of the third man
C .None of the three men D. All of the three
5.Which of the following is true？
A. The third man didn’t run as fast as the other two.
B. The third man changed his mind and didn’t want to leave.
C. The train didn’t start off on time.
D. The third man laughed for he was glad to see his friends off.
一、1. confidence 2. postcard 3. outdoor
二、1. an old saying
2. A hobby is not only fun but also useful.
3. A hobby can help build your confidence and make your life more colorful.
4. It can help you make more friends and teach you to work well with others.
5. many different types of hobbies
6. collect things such as stamps, toy cards and postcards
7. outdoor activities
8. other such activities
9. some people… others…
10. People usually take up their first hobby when they are kids.
11. Hobbies are fun for all ages.
12. It's never too late to learn something new.
Ⅰ. 1. watching 2. am 3. keeping 4. do 5. to be
Ⅱ. 1-6 D C D A C B
Ⅲ. 1-5 C B D A A
Lesson 38: Hobbies Are Fun! 学 习 ..Lesson 38: Hobbies Are Fun! 学 习 目 标知识与能力：Key words and phrases:confidence n. 自信 postcard n. 明信片outdoor adj. 户外的，露天的not only …but also… take upbuy … for… put … on … 过展开