2018年春牛津译林版英语八年级下册（导学案）Unit 5 Good manners Integrated skills
Unit 5 Good manners
Integrated skills & study skills
1. public adj. 公共的；公开的
e.g. The town has its own public library and public gardens.
那城市有自己的公用图书馆和公园。 2. explain vt. &vi. 解释
explain sth. to sb.“向某人解释某事”
e.g. The lawyer explained the new law to us. 律师向我们解释了新法律。 3. （1）danger n.危险 【反】safety
in danger/ out of danger 处于（脱离）危险
（2）dangerous adj.危险的 【反】safe 4 keep sb. from sth. 保护……, 使免受…
keep sb. from doing (from 不能省略) 阻止某人做某事
= stop sb. from doing sth. =prevent sb. from doing sth. 5 （1）warn vt.&vi. 警告，告诫
warn sb. not to do sth. 警告某人别做某事
e.g. This sign warns us not to swim in this river.
（2）warning n. 警告、告诫 6 （1）success n 成功
（2）successful adj 成功的
be successful in doing sth.成功做某事
be successful at sth. 在某方面成功
（3）succeed v 成功
secceed in doing sth. 成功做某事 7 （1）mean v 意思是
（2）meaning n 意思、意义
（3）meaningful adj 有意义的、意味深长的【反】meaningless 无意义的,无价值的 四、句型（语法）
1 No littering./ No parking./No smoking./No photos.
2 Public signs are used in public places.
3. Shall we +V? / Let’s +V. / What about + V.ing? / Why not+ V? 分别接动词的形式
4. Tell us about the places around us.
5. It says “No photos”.
6.They are often bright in colors and have pictures on them.
1. I can not_______ (表达) to you that how much I missed you when I was in the UK.
2. Can you just keep your voice down in_______ (公共的) places?
3. The teacher is patient enough to_______ (解释) this maths problem to us again and again.
4. The police_______ (警告) the man of the danger of jogging alone before he went into the mountain.
5. I hate people who_______ (乱扔垃圾) in the forest.
6. I'm sure to visit you_______ (某时) next year. Don't feel sad now.
7. She_______ (冒险做) her own life to help this old man out of trouble.
8. Old people always say "The early bird catches the_______ (虫)".
9. "No_______ (疼痛), no_______ (收获)" means you have to work hard before you realize your dream.
10. To our surprise, the results are always strange_______ (真正地).
11. _______ (停车) is always very expensive in the city centre.
12. There was a lot of_______ (讨论) about this report on people's lives in cities.
13. You need more social _______ (实践) before you get a job.
14. -To be a _______ businessman is not easy, Mike. Have you thought it clearly?
-Yes, Mum. I want to have my own business and I'll try my best.
15. -Blow out the _______ and make a wish, Angela.
-OK. Thanks for buying this cake for me.
16. -Safety comes first. Remember to _______ yourself away from danger.
-We will, father.
1. The jogging_______ (take) place on South Hill next Sunday.
2. I get a letter from my father. I_______ (not hear) from him for 2 months.
3. I warned her_______ (not go) near the tigers, but she didn't listen to me.
4. People in the house made a fire_______ (get) warm.
5. Tom said he_______ (drive) home when suddenly the man rushed out.
6. Reading newspaper_______ (help) us learn about the news both at home and abroad
7. So far, we_______ (raise) millions of dollars for the students in poor areas.
8. How heavily it_______ (rain)! We have to stay at home today.
( ) 1. You must _______ me the reason why you came so late this time.
A. excuse B. explain C. explain to D. pardon
( ) 2. -Excuse me, look at the sigh NO PHOTOS! -Oh, sorry. I _______ it.
A. don't see B. didn't see C. haven't seen D. won’t see
( ) 3. The sign means " _______ ", so you can't park your new Porsche here.
A. No parking B. No right turn C. You can't turn left D. No entry
( ) 4. The problem is _______ hard for me _______ work out.
A. enough; to B enough; that I can't C. very; to D. too; to
( ) 5. J. K. Rowling is a _______ writer. Her book Harry Potter is a great _______.
A. success; successful. B. successful; success
C. successfully; success D. successful; successfully
( ) 6. We should try to keep _______ from danger.
A. us safe B. ourselves safety C. us safety D. ourselves safe
( ) 7. -What do you think of the speech?
-I think it's _______, but Tom thinks it's much too _______ .
A. wonderful enough; bored B. enough wonderful; boring
C. wonderful enough; boring D. enough wonderful; bored
( ) 8. More and more people all over the world will realize the importance of protecting the environment _______ in the future. Which one is WRONG?
some time B. sometime C. sometimes D. some day
If you want to get the most out of the study of a language, you must read pleasing novels, plays, travel books, 1 .And in reading books of this kind, the important thing is to take up the reading to try 2 what the writer is going to 3 you in the book as a whole. This is impossible if you stop and think over the meaning of every word which 4 to be unfamiliar(不熟悉的).You can not enjoy a story, if you stop 5 times on every page to look up words in the dictionary. You may 6 prevent yourself from understanding the story as a 7 by doing this. When you are reading books of this kind, you 8 have to depend mainly on(主要依靠)the context to help you. If you meet an unknown word, don't let it draw(吸引)too much of your attention 9 the main story. Maybe you will meet the same word again a few pages later in a different context, and each time you see it, your understanding of it will become 10 exact.
( )1.A. and else B. and the other C. and so on D. and those
( )2.A. to understand B. to follow C. to see D. to hold
( )3.A. speak B. say C. tell D. talk
( )4.A. happen B. happens C. happening D. happened
( )5.A. a great deal of B. much C. many D. the number of
( )6.A. too B. and C. only D. even
( )7.A. all B. whole C. both D. total
( )8.A. usually B. seldom C. never D. no
( )9.A. of B. from C. without D. at
( )10.A. much B. more C. most D. less
When Mark first arrived in Thailand, he saw an old man selling something cheap in the street of Chiang Mai. The old man was one of the poor people in Chiang Mai and there was no difference from beggars(乞丐). Most of them were some lonely old people. Their life had no support.
Mark was a kind man, so he gave some changes to him without thinking. The old man told him to pick something he liked. Mark didn't choose anything and left.
But the old man followed him closely. At first, Mark didn't think a lot, just thinking he wanted to go home. But when he went out very far, he saw the old man still following him. He was a bit tired, thinking the old man must feel he was kind and wanted to ask for more money from him.
Mark turned back and told him not to follow him because he didn’t have much money. But the old man seemed not to understand what he meant, still following him. The bag on his back made him sweat (流汗) all over.
Mark happened to meet his Thai colleague (同事) in the street and his colleague heard this. The colleague turned to ask why the old man was following his friend.
The old man said out of breath, "My son, you gave me money, but didn't want my things, so I have to give you something. I see you are a foreigner and you are not familiar(熟悉) with this place. I just want to follow you and show you the way. All I can do for you is this."
Mark was surprised. He said he felt the old man was just like his father, but he didn't know why.
( ) 1. What did Mark do when he first found the old man following him?
A. He didn't think a lot and went on walking.
B. He asked the old man why he was following him.
C. He was surprised and asked his colleague to come.
D. He gave him more money without thinking.
( ) 2. Which of the following is true according to the passage?
A. Mark didn't like this old man at all.
B. The old man was Mark's father.
C. The old man sold something cheap to make a living.
D. Mark didn't give the old man anything at the beginning.
( ) 3. How did Mark feel about the old man at last?
A. He felt doubt(怀疑) if the old man was a thief (小偷).
B. He felt pity for the old man.
C. He felt angry with the old man
D. He felt the old man was kind and warm.
（一）1、soon after 2、different public signs 3、make his dream come true 4、years of hard work 5、help explain things 6、keep us away from danger 7、give us useful information
8、a famous painting by Picasso
（二）1. express 2. public 3. explain 4. warned 5. litters 6. sometime
7. risked 8. worm 9. pain, gain 10. indeed 11. Parking 12. discussion
13. practice 14. successful 15. candles 16. keep
（四） 1. will take 2. haven't heard 3. not to go 4. to get 5. was driving
6. helps 7. have raised 8. is raining
（七）1. Public signs are used to warn people of danger in public places.
2. We should keep/protect our children from danger.
3. A friend in need is a friend indeed.
4. He is patient enough to explain everything to us.
5. You'd better not shout loudly in the library.
6. I didn't notice that sign until he told me.
7. He risked losing everything all at a time and left here.